Tuesday, August 21, 2012

The Piedmont - Atlanta, Georgia

The Piedmont - Atlanta, Georgia


A Modern Fireproof Hotel
Peachtree, Luckie and Forsyth Streets
ATLANTA, GEORGIA
450 outside rooms, all with innerspring mattresses, private baths and showers, circulating water, full length mirrors. Coffee shop, dining room and lounge.
100% Air Conditioned. TV in Every Room.

Mailed from Memphis, Tennessee to Mrs. Margaret Estep of Cambridge, Ohio on June 7, 1961:

Wed. June 7, '61
Dear Sis. I just can't write all the changes in plans down but now it may be Sun. or Mon when I arrive & I may travel private auto after all. It's just not sure. Anyhow I'll get there earlier than Mon or Monday. Just didn't want you worrying. i rec'd letter you forwarded from Mrs. Hunt. I am all packed & will know by Friday whether I go alone pr with Nade & Jeff but don't mention it to Mrs. D. till its sure, too big a disappointment otherwise. Love - Sis.

No comments:

Post a Comment